Before we talk about the recipe, let’s talk about what a Wagyu Beef Burger is and how it is different from the ordinary beef burgers you have every day. We can consider Wagyu as an upgraded version of the average hamburger. It is incredibly juicy and tastes highly delicious with the caramelized crust. The flavor of American Wagyu beef burgers is so high that it will be impossible for you to shift to ordinary hamburgers once you have tasted them.
Wagyu is a breed of beef that is essentially raised in Japan and produces Kobe beef. Other than Japanese breeds, there are also different breeds of Wagyu like Australian, American, Canadian, and the UK. Wagyu tastes so flavourful due to its increased fat percentage. The cattle are fed using feed and limited grazing.
Now for a perfect Wagyu beef burger, here are the ingredients which you need –
- Wagyu beef – A pound of either packed ground Wagyu beef or pre-formed patties. Ensure that it is perfectly thawed before cooking it for evenly cooked beef real quick.
- Burger Buns – Opt for your favorite burger buns enough for the number of burgers you have planned to make.
- Bacon- Although it’s optional, you can already imagine how a powerfully flavored bacon would perfectly compliment the burger you are making.
- Cheese- This too is optional if you want to enjoy all the flavors of the meat patty; otherwise, pick up your desired cheese as much as you prefer.
- Leaf lettuce – It just completes a burger!
- Seasonings – It’s optional according to your preferences, but it is suggested that you keep the seasonings minimum.
Next, let’s move on to the actual steps of the recipe :
- If you have bought ground beef, you can either break it into four parts of ¼ pound patties, three slices of ⅓ pound patties, or two pieces of ½ pound patties.
Once you are done sectioning them, press them out to a thickness of 1 inch.
- Heat your pan, cast, or grill to medium-high heat. FDA recommends cooking ground beef around a temperature of 160°F, so here are some recommended temperatures depending on the thickness of your patty:
- Medium Rare: 130-135° F
- Medium: 145° F
- Medium Well: 150-155°F
- Well cooked: 160-165°F
- Season the patty only with salt and pepper on the upward-facing side and place it on your pan, skillet, or grill with the seasoned side faced downwards on the pan. Season the other side
- Leave the patty without touching it for 3-4 minutes until nicely browned and caramelized.
- Then flip the other side and again cook it for 3-4 mins.
If you are cooking on the grill – Add on your sliced cheese and keep it cooking with a closed cover for 5-6 minutes until medium-rare.
And if you are cooking on a stovetop, add some butter to your pan and melt it and then baste the burger patties with it. Next, add the cheese and cover it for 5-6 mins until the other side has a beautiful brown color and is caramelized.
- Remove the patties, put them on the buns, and end with a delicate dressing, but keep it simple. Please don’t go overboard with the sauce, as it might overshadow the actual flavor of the meat.
To enjoy these delicious Wagyu burgers homemade, get your hands on wagyu beef cheeks for sale. These fantastic, fresh beef cheeks will make your experience better.